Friday, May 1, 2009

Let out of jail.

No, I haven't been IN jail...at least not the physical lock-down building!

I was reading an article titled "Woman's decision to undergo gastric bypass changes her life," (like, duh!) and she said this, which rang so true to me:

"Mentally, I never felt like a fat person. Finally, the person I was in my head and the person I am on the outside are ... becoming closer together. It feels like being let out of jail."

That's me, exactly how I feel. Like I've been let out of fat jail! And it's so freeing it's really indescribable.

Yesterday I saw a co-worker who had the FS two years ago. I rarely get to see her at work but I needed some ink so I had to go down to her department. Anyway, when I got back to my desk she had sent me an email that said "You are so skinny! You need to stop losing now, sticks are not cute!" LOL, so we had an email conversation about how things are going for each of us, etc.

I really would like to stop losing, and never ever thought I'd say I wouldn't mind gaining a little weight back, or at least not lose any more. Some days I feel like I eat and eat and eat, but I am still losing, usually only about a pound a week or so, but still...I am becoming a stick person.

But at least I'm not still in jail. : )

No comments: