Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mmmmmmmmemorial Weekend!

Yay, summer (or at least spring) is finally here! We had a beautiful Memorial Weekend. It would have been perfect camping weather.


I started out my weekend with an hour long massage on Friday afternoon. Heaven. Well, ok, so there was also a little pain involved - when she was doing my back, she asked if the pressure was ok or if she should go "deeper," and I told her to go deeper. Ouch! At one point I had to open my eyes wide cause it hurt a bit, but....I liked it! I had never had a really deep massage, and wanted to experience that. It was a great massage, and after dealing with the kids at school, I needed it (just 8 more work days till summer break!).


Saturday I had a craft show just five miles from home (love that...not much travel time). We again had a beautiful day, and it turned out to be a pretty good show for me. Except I need to wash all my tablecloths now, the barbeque guy didn't seem to know what he was doing, and kept smoking us out with the flame/smoke from his grill.


Sunday I went and got some flowers and planted my little flower garden out front. Looks pretty nice now, except there are a few perennials taking over (lily of the valley and something else I don't remember the name of). I might take some of them out, but then again, they fill it in with very little effort on my part. : ) I also found another nice hanging basket to go with the one Bri got me for Mother's Day, so that's done. Bri and Alex also started working on the pool, we decided it was best to just drain the thing this year and start over, it was very nasty. Never did get clean last year and add another year's worth of leaves and dirt, and yuck. They finished that yesterday and we started refilling it. Maybe we'll actually get in this year. I know for once I won't be afraid to stand on the ladder, being 100 lbs. lighter!


Yesterday I made more soap. I've been having pretty good sales with it and keep running out of stock, so I'm trying to keep ahead of that. The six-week cure time can be a pain sometimes, but that's the way it goes.


I had a pretty nice "discovery" this weekend too...I can now wear sandals without my feet hurting! I've bought several pairs, mostly on clearance last fall, and got to start wearing them, and they're fun! Who would have thought such a silly little thing could mean so much. I know people who have never been overweight, much less the word I hate (obese - I just hate the way it sounds), can't possibly understand how something so simple can be so cool, but my feet would hurt so much over the past years all I could wear were those dang old clodhoppers (which I have happily thrown OUT) with the support insoles. Good riddance and hello sandals!


I ended my weekend with a nice relaxing bubble/whirlpool bath. Ahhhh, if only all weekends could begin and end like this one!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Look at your pretty toes! Yay! Happy Sandel summer to you, Girl!