Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Scoopadoopdoop

Ok, here's the scoop...

Yesterday I went to go see the surgeon who the hospital gave me the name of.

I didn't like him. I didn't like his receptionist. I didn't like his tech nurse. I didn't like his other nurse. Wow.

I am being very judgmental here, but seriously, I did not get a good vibe from ANYONE in his office, from the receptionist to the surgeon himself, nor both his nurses. They all had something about them that just bugged me! I was not impressed with anyone there.

He said, and I agree with this, that he wouldn't do surgery for about a month anyway, because I need to finish my antibiotics and the gallbladder needs to settle down and heal a little before they take it out. Ok, I can understand that. But I don't like you. And I don't think I want you digging around in my guts.

I decided to follow my instincts.

So later in the day we were up at the mall, and I was sitting on a bench waiting for Doug to finish looking at stuff (we were in Scheels so he was looking at guns), and decided to call my gastric doctor's office and see if he did gallbladder surgery, cause I liked him! Why yes, yes he does! Yay. So I have an appointment to see him on Thursday afternoon for a consultation. Actually it's with another doctor in his practice, but that's ok, they're all good guys.

Now that's good news!

The other good news is that I'm actually feeling pretty good now. There's hardly any pain left, as long as I stay away from fatty foods and eat the borrrrring no-fat diet (sigh). I do ok I guess, we went to Red Lobster yesterday and I had baked, seafood-stuffed flounder, a salad with blue cheese (FAT!) dressing (but very little of it), and the skin of their wonderful baked potatoes (which is drenched in butter and salt but tastes soooooo good). And a cheddar biscuit. So actually I did eat some fat, but it must not be enough to make things go haywire.

I know....always pushing the limits. : )

1 comment:

Carol said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! And, I'm glad you went with your gut and are taking your guts elsewhere for surgery. Chris told me you text me and you are on for Monday! Yay! Goodbye, GB! I'll call ya later. Happy New Year!